The Sports Forum aim is to act as an advisory, consultative and co-ordinating body on behalf of the Littlehampton Town Council with Sport England, Sussex County Sport Partnership, sports clubs, schools, and other interested organisations in the town.The Sports Forum is made up of representatives from local clubs and sports providers and it offers members the opportunity to share information and express their views on current sporting issues. The Forum is open to the public and there are no restrictions to the number of members and new members are always welcomed.
2017 Meeting Dates:
7th August and 6th November
All meetings will be held at 6pm in the Fleming Room, The Manor House, Church Street, Littlehampton.
You can now download the first ever Sports Directory for Littlehampton which includes details for many local clubs and activities Sports Directory [pdf] 13MB or can pick up a copy from our Offices. Clubs that did not make it in the directory are listed on the Sports & Leisure Contacts Page.
The Sports Forum is also responsible for organising an annual Sports Awards Ceremony. Clubs, coaches and family members of sportspeople are given the opportunity to nominate them for these awards. There are nine categories including the coveted Sportsperson of the Year Award and Lifetime Contribution to sport.
|Sportsperson of the Year||Coco Lounge|
|Young Sportsperson of the Year||Littlehampton Trader's Partnership|
|Sports Team of the Year||Littlehampton Gazette|
|Young Sports Team of the Year||Littlehampton Glass & Glazing|
|Coach of the Year||C&M Trophies|
|Sports Administrator of the Year||Going Spare|
|Contribution to Youth Sport||Inspire Leisure|
|Contribution to Disabled Sport||FA Holland & Son|
|Unsung Hero||Mewsbrook Park Cafe|
|Lifetime Contribution to Sport in Littlehampton||Mayor's Award|
How to make a nomination
Nominations for the 2017 Sports Awards are now open! You can nominate via the online form Sports Awards Nomination Form Please read the Sports Awards Criteria [pdf] 209KB carefully before nominating. If you have any problems with the form or do not receive confirmation of receipt from one of our team within a week of submission please e-mail us
Financial Awards for Sporting Excellence - Money for your Sport
These are a range of Financial Awards focused on those either already achieving or who have the potential to achieve sporting excellence
- The awards are available for individuals.
- The awards are for Littlehampton residents only.
- The awards are for those who need to make the developmental jump to excellence.
- The definition of excellence will vary from sport to sport, but we will generally aim to assist those already at County level develop their potential to progress past this level.
- There will not be any age limitations.
- Major, Olympic and local sports are eligible.
- Awards are available for training, competition entry fees, transport, accommodation and equipment. Please note that certain equipment does not qualify i.e. an item that will be shared with other team players.
- Awards will be up to £1,000 per recipient.
- Recipients will need to give precise details of future financial needs in the application.
Applications for the Grants are open! To apply please read the Grant for Sporting Excellence Criteria [pdf] 220KB and fill out a Grants for Sporting Excellence Application Form [doc] 101KB form. You can return the application via email or post to Littlehampton Town Council, Manor House, Church Street, Littlehampton BN17 5EW