Three individuals and three groups were honoured at the Littlehampton Town Council's Annual Merit Awards on the 20th April 2017.
Acknowledged for their outstanding contributions to Littlehampton, the three group Merit Awards were bestowed upon the Littlehampton Players Operatic Society, Arundel and Littlehampton District Band and DOSH (Dreams of Social Happiness).
Presenting the Awards was Town Mayor Councillor Ian Buckland who, on behalf of the Town, thanked all individuals and organisations for their hard work and dedication.
The individual recipients were:
- Ms. Staci Mendoza-Quinn, in recognition of her dedication to LOCA (Littlehampton Organisation of Contemporary Arts) and actively supporting community and local arts events.
- Mr. Brian Osborne, in recognition of more than 50 years of support for young people through the Littlehampton Sea Cadets Group.
- Mrs. Josephine King, in recognition for her 26 years of dedication to the Littlehampton Ambulance Car Service.
And the groups:
- Littlehampton Players Operatic Society, for more than 60 years of entertainment shows to residents and visitors of the Town.
- Arundel and Littlehampton District Scout Band, for over 30 years of music and for promoting the Town, nationally and internationally.
- DOSH (Dreams of Social Happiness) for providing for more than 6 years, social opportunities for those who are elderly and lonely.
Speaking about the Town Merit Awards, Deputy Mayor Councillor Billy Blanchard-Cooper said: “The Awards are a way of recognising the importance of the contribution made by individuals and groups to the vibrancy of the Town. The community spirit in Littlehampton is astounding and together it has achieved so much for the benefit of everyone.”
You can view past winners here